Chancy Ferguson was given the role of Fire Chief on September 12th 2022. Further messages from him are forthcoming.
We rely on our cadre of volunteer fire and EMS responders, 4 Career Firefighters, Deputy Chief, and the Fire Chief to provide the manpower to cover the needs of the community. In addition to emergency response, our volunteers provide medical and fire standby at events, help with fire and life safety education around the community and attend regular training to keep their skills and knowledge current. There are up to six Resident Volunteer Firefighters who live at Station 201 and up to two Resident Volunteers live at Station 203. Philomath’s main fire station (Station 201) is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing immediate response to all types of emergencies.
Philomath Fire & Rescue personnel consistently participate in continuing education. In addition to basic fire and medical emergencies, services we provide include search and rescue, vehicle rescue (extrication), BLS and ALS emergency medical services, and hazardous materials response.
PF&R provides a wide range of public education and prevention services. The department remains committed to the safety and health of all Philomath residents and visitors and responds accordingly.
Philomath Fire & Rescue Personnel
Name Position/Medical Certification Hire Date
- Chancy Ferguson - Fire Chief/EMT-Paramedic June 1, 2019
- Lillee Rodriguez - Office Administrator June 8, 2015
- Rich Saalsaa -Deputy Fire Chief/EMT August 27, 2015
- Scott Moser - Firefighter Lieutenant/EMT-Paramedic June 17, 2015
- Lindsay Taylor - Firefighter Lieutenant/EMT-Intermediate May 4, 2020
- Andrew Licon - Firefighter AIC Lieutenant/EMT-Intermediate April 1, 2021
- Levi Schell - Daytime Firefighter/EMT May 24, 2022