Skip to main content

Agricultural Burning

May contain: outdoors, nature, farm, countryside, and rural

What is agricultural burning?

gricultural burning that requires a permit from the Department of Agriculture include the burning of residue after harvest of a grass seed or cereal grain crop or clearing of agricultural land.  Other types of agricultural burning falls under the Backyard Burning guidelines. Agricultural burning follows the air quality reports generated by the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) – see the chart below.

The burn times are updated each day and can be checked at

NOTE:  The fire department does not update or post information on agricultural burning times on their website or burn information line.

You must apply for a permit from the fire department before going to the Department of Agriculture to apply for their permit for grass seed/cereal grain burning.

May contain: label and text

Submit a Burn Permit Request

Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Permit page

Join our mailing list