The academy will consist of classroom and hands-on training. Students will be need to have access to a IFSTA Essentials of Fire Fighting, 6th Edition book for reading reference during this class.
The Academy will be covering the following NFPA Fire Fighter I requirements:
- Fire Service Orientation and History
- Fire Behavior, Building Construction
- PPE/SCBA, Water Supplies
- Search & Rescue, Fire Detection, Sprinklers
- Ladders, Fire Extinguishers, Forcible Entry
- Salvage & Overhaul (Loss Control)
- Communications, Fire Control
- Ventilation, Hose and Fire Streams, Ropes & Knots
- Also includes a classroom/hands-on RIT class and classroom Traffic Safety Class
Instruction is by a cadre of experienced Firefighters-Fire Instructors.
Intro to Firefighter Orientation and Safety will also be covered and agency specific Safety should be done following this academy.
Firefighter I Academy Flyer
You must be affiliated with a fire department to attend.